Technically Heroic – An Author’s Adventure Has Been Deemed Versatile!
Posted by E.W. Soper
Well, here’s something I didn’t see coming – I’ve been nominated for (and thus given) the Versatile Blogger Award by Lisa Taylor! My thanks to Lisa, who runs a very cool blog called Writer’s Block Party, made up of book reviews and author interviews from many different genres, giving authors a place to potentially reach new readers (by the way, look for my author interview on Lisa’s blog in early April)
This thoughtful award has the following rules:
If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger award.
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy. (done)
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it. (also done)
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
Okay, what can I say about myself? Let’s see here:
- I really enjoy writing. Obviously, because I have this blog and I write my fantasy series (although I’ll admit, I spend more time on my blog that should be going to my novels). Writing has just been a fantastic way for me to exercise my imagination, and I hope to continue even after publishing each book in the Technically Heroic series.
- I also really enjoy working in Adobe Photoshop. Some of my stuff is here on my website.
- I also enjoy building websites. Some of the posts on this blog and the fact that I even have a website should be sufficient proof of this fact.
- As if I didn’t have enough hobbies, I also cut and edit videos. If you really want to check them out, here’s a link to my YouTube Channel.
- LEGOs were fascinating to me for a long time, and I even got to build and program some functioning LEGO Mindstorms robots. You can check some of them out here.
- I published my first book, Technically Heroic at the early age of 17. I know I’m not the first, but to me that feels pretty dang cool.
- I was home-schooled all the way up to my senior high school year. This probably explains pretty well how I could have all the interests I just rattled off (there, I’m done – enough about me!).
For the time being I think I’ll have to nominate my favorite blogs and add any others that come down the line. So far I don’t have 15, and I don’t want to wait until I do! My nominees are:
- Writer’s Block Party This blog is cool in the fact that it’s mostly about other authors (hey, there’s no rule saying I can’t nominate my nominator)
- David Gaughrin Has great information on self-publishing, with lots of apparently well-researched content
- This Page Intentionally Left Blank is a fun and somewhat random blog about writing and life in general
- Tasmanian Travels another good blog about writing and self-publishing your work
- The Indie Book Writer’s Blog a professional looking blog about writing and self-publication, with good tips on both
- Simone Young, A Dyslexic Writer’s Diary a creative and interesting blog with tips on topics such as character and storyline development
So, this wraps up my acceptance of The Versatile Blogger Award! Thanks again, Lisa, for the nomination!
Posted on March 20, 2012, in General, Publishing, Writing and tagged about me, author interviews from, awards, entertainment, lisa taylor, literature, versatile blogger, Writing. Bookmark the permalink. 3 Comments.